Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Road Not Taken By:Robert Frost

About The Poet

Robert Frost was born on March 26 1874 in San Francisco California.He was a poet and a playwright.His first poem was "My Butterfly,My Elegy" and his last poem was "The Prophets Really Prophesy as Mystics the Commentators Merely by Statistics," .He died on January 29 1963 in Boston Massachusetts.

Summary Of Poem
The Road less traveled by is about the decisions we have to make in life.Most people take the easy road but,some people take the less traveled by road.The ones that take the easy road soon wish they had taken the other road but, the ones that take the other road soon reap the benefits.


Paraphrase Of Poem Lines
There are two options.
Sorry I can't take both,
So I looked down one path for a long time,
so long I couldn't look any longer.

Then I took the other path that was just as long.
It could be more beneficial.
It was beautiful and looked unused.
People who had taken the easier path
had not known the difference between the two.

I walked down the beautiful path few had traveled before.
I will always remember the journey.
I know I will have to make this decision again.
Though I won't end up in the same exact situation again.

I will tell others again and again.
The two options I had
and I took the better option
And it has changed me for the better.

Figurative Language In Poem
The poet used personification in this poem to show how easy it would be to choose which ever option he wanted and how they were right in front of him in the line"And both that morning equally lay"

Theme Of Poem
The theme of the poem is that there are always going to be two options with outcomes. You can choose which ever option you want but you can't choose the out come.If you take the path others don't you will be rewarded.

Personal Commentary
I've heard and read this poem a lot of times in the past. It is a good poem by one of America's most famous poets Robert Frost.This poem can help people in life because everybody has to choose between two options from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment